Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Make Your Own Stunning Valentine's Day Card with Stampin' Up


I've been enjoying a lovely weekend of crafting and this is one of four cards I made this weekend.  I wanted to try something different and step out of my comfort zone.  I often have a look round Pinterest for inspiration I found a project using monochrome paper and some bright flowers.

If you'd like to see a video showing how I put this together, you can click here and this link will take you to my YouTube channel.  Please subscribe to see my other video tutorials.

The measurements of the materials I used are as follows:

I used an A5 card cut from Whisper White cardstock measuring 10" x 7".  I scored the long side at 5"

Lovely Lipstick cardstock trimmed to 6.75" x 4.75"

Whisper White cardstock trimmed to 6.5" x 4.5"

DSP (I've used Botanical Butterflies) also trimmed to 6.5" x 4.5" but sliced diagonally in half.

These are all layered as shown in the photograph.

Using the Pop of Petals stamp, using Lovely Lipstick ink, I stamped three flowers onto Lovely Lipstick cardstock.  I stamped these out using the Four Petal Flower Punch.  The trio of flowers stamp was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock using Lovely Lipstick ink and six of these were fussy cut.

These flowers are all arranged as per the picture but you can arrange however you like.  You could even cut more flowers if you wanted to.

Using the Forever Lovely stamp set, I stamped some hearts onto the white corner of the card and stamped the sentiment 'Happy Valentine's Day'


As I like this card so much, I think I'll be giving this to my husband ready for Valentine's Day. 

I hope you like this as much as I do and that it inspires you to make your own Valentine's card for a loved one.

Happy crafting
Donna x

Comments