Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Using the Rubber Band Technique to Create an Unusual Card

Hello and I hope you are all well, staying at home and staying safe in these extremely difficult times we find ourselves in.  I'm lucky enough to still be working but to take my mind off things, I'm immersing myself in craft too.  In our team, we have been challenged to make a project using the rubber band technique and this is what I came up with.


The first thing you need for this project is, of course, rubber bands and luckily I had some kicking around my office

For my cardstsock, I've used Purple Posy and Whisper White.  My card base measures 10" x 7" scored on the long side at 5"

My layer in purple posy measures 6¾" x 4¾" and I have a whisper white layer (that I'm going to use to stamp on) measures 6½" x 4½".  I've got a scrap of each colour and die cut two ovals from the Stitched Shapes dies




I took my rubber bands and wrapped them randomly around my D block and inked them up in Highland Heather


I stamped this over my white layer card keeping some scrap card underneath so I could stamp over the edges


Once I had covered the card, I wiped over the block to clean off the purple ink and then reinked it in Pretty Peacock


Before I started assembling my card, I stamped a sentiment on the smaller oval shape


Now, time to assemble.  I layered up the card as shown in the photo and added a tied piece of ribbon in the top corner.  I also added some rhinestones for a bit of bling


What I like about this card is that you can choose any colour combination you like, and this is a perfect technique for making cards for men, which we all know, can be tricky at times.

Its not as  messy as you might think but I didn't recycle the rubber bands for another project.  I'm afraid they had to go in the bin.

I'll leave links to the products I used and these links go directly to my shop.

Happy crafting

Donna








Product List

Comments

  1. Its a great technique - I think we both expected to get ourselves in a complete mess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I don't think I have ever heard of it! Thank you for the inspiration! I was looking for something new for my Virtual Hostess Club!! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - it is really good fun. Good for kids too I think :)

      Delete
  3. A fabulous card and a great technique. Haven't seen it done with a Stamping block before - brilliant and thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... rubber safety flooring, rubber safe surfacing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment