Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Leaves Theme Card as Inspired Stamping by Ruth Trice (The Artful Stamper)

For today's Share It On A Sunday, the theme is leaves.  I've left links to Karen and Victoria's blogs below so you can see what they did with their 'Leaves' theme.

I've been inspired by Ruth Trice aka the Artful Stamper.  She is amazingly clever and has a fabulous eye for colour, patterns, textures.  I've always thought I'm not imaginative enough with stamping and I watched a live of hers (please go and check out her YouTube channel) and was truly inspired.  This is what I came up with.  It only uses two colours but because I'm stamping three times each time I load up my stamp with ink, you end up with 6 colours - its genius.  Here's my project:


No description available.

So here's the equipment you need:
A sponge, dauber, a blending brush like this - basically anything that will blend colour.  My cardbase measures 11 3/4" x 4 1/8"

No description available.

I've used two ink colours: Melon Mambo and Mango Melody

No description available.

Using the brush, I've carefully blended the colour onto the card using circular motions. .  First in Mango Melody ...
No description available.

and then in Melon Mambo, blending the colours at the edges

No description available.
 I've put a circle mask in the middle of the card

No description available.

and stamped leaves in both colour stamps with first and second generation stamping
No description available.

I've used Forever Greenery stamp set for this card and used the "sprinkles" stamp to blend the harsh edge of the circle

No description available.

I've added a few flowers from Basket of Blooms stamp set for a few flowers
No description available.

and a couple of butterflies from Beauty Abounds

I've also added some script from Forever Greenery in first, second and third generation stamping
No description available.

and here's the final card again.

No description available.

Come and check out the projects Karen and Victoria have made and leave them a little love 



Comments

Post a Comment