Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Share It On A Sunday Colour Combo Challenge

For today's Share It On A Sunday, Karen of Craft Karen Designs challenged us to make a project using the following colours:

Rococo Rose
Seaside Spray
Gorgeous Grape

I took one look at this combo and thought 'you've got to be joking' but never one to pass up on a challenge, I gave it a go and this is what I came up with
No description available.

... and actually I don't mind this colour combo at all.  Here's how I made it

The first thing I did was take a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and trim this to 11¾" x 4⅛" and scored on the long side at 5⅞"

On the long side trim at 2" and then at 1⅞".  This leaves a 2" border at the top and a 2" border at the bottom.  Discard the piece of Very Vanilla that measures 4⅛" x 1⅞"

Using the DSP Assortment Pack in the In Colours 2019-20, I've used a piece in Rococo Rose and trimmed two pieces down to 4" x 1⅞".  I've stuck these to the top of the card and onto the spare piece of Very Vanilla

In Gorgeous Grape cardstock, die cut the largest oval from the Stitched Shape Dies.  Then, in Seaside Spray, I die cut a rectangle from the Stitched Rectangle Dies.  I used the size that fitted just outside the oval.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Here's a Card in Gorgeous Grape ink

The oval links the card to the 4⅛" x 2" to the rest of the card you need to add glue to the very edge of the oval and stick this to the card pieces.  You can choose whatever glue you prefer.  I'm using mini stampin' dimensionals

Once the oval was on, I stuck the rectangle on, also with mini stampin' dimensionals.

I switched up stamp sets and used the Gift Wrapped stamp set and stamped on of the bows in Gorgeous Grape ink on to Seaside Spray card and punched out the image with the bow punch and this was also adhered to the card with mini stampin' dimensionals. I curved up the edges of the bow to make it look more three dimensional

The card needed a bit of bling so I added some rhinestones as a finishing touch.

I'm always excited to see what Karen and Victoria have made (we never know until Sunday) and here are the links to their projects so you can see what they have come up with using these 3 colours.

Crafty Karen Designs

Vickie Lou Designs

If you'd like to join our little crafting group called Craft & Banter, please click on the link

Craft & Banter

This is a group where we share all sorts of crafty projects, not just papercrafting.  Its a lovely friendly group and we'd love to see you.

I'll leave links to all the products I've used below but in the meantime, enjoy your weekend and I'll be back again soon with another papercraft project.

See you soon

Donna






Product List

Comments

Post a Comment