Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Welcoming Window Sneak Peek - Coming Soon!

 I love the period between Christmas and New Year because it gives me the opportunity to craft at my leisure rather than just cramming in craft for the sake of it.

I'm using some new product today which will be available to purchase from 5th January - I'll put links to all the products on the 5th 

This is what I made:


This isn't a quick project as there is die cutting and careful placement of all of the elements of the card.  However, its not difficult.

I started off with a cardbase in Whisper White measuring 8¼" x 5⅞" and scored on the long side at 4⅛"

I have a layer of Melon Mambo card measuring 5¾" x 4" and then another layer of white measuring 5⅝" x 3⅞".

Using the brick stamp in the Welcoming Window stamp set and using crumb cake ink, I stamped the whole of the white layer in brick.

I die cut the window frame, shutters and shelf in Early Espresso card and before I stuck them down to the card, I drew round the window frame onto a scrap of Soft Sea Foam card so I could stick this behind the window frame die cut.

Using Old Olive ink, I stamped the leafy spray stamp onto white card and then stamped some flowers in melon mambo ink.  I did this twice and die cut both images.

I stamped the jug in Cajun Craze ink onto a scrap of Cajun Craze card and die cut this out.

I assembled all the pieces as shown in the picture - I stuck down the flowers/leaves die cut with mini dimensionals to add some dimension.

Using Mother's Day stamp, I stamped this in Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White card and punched this out with the Rectangular Postage punch.  I created the layered look with some Melon Mambo card punched from the Postage punch and stuck behind the white card.

I'm really pleased with how this came out and it trained me to slow down and remember that not every card has to be created at speed.

I hope you like it and inspires you to do some die cutting and slower paced crafting.

Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you soon.

Donna

(links to products will appear on 5th January)

Comments

  1. A beautiful card. Lots of possibilities with the window die xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a beautiful bundle - can't wait to play with it again x

      Delete

Post a Comment