Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!


I've not made a 3D project in a while so I thought I'd make a gift box using some new products.  These products will be available from 3rd January so I'm unable to leave links to these new products until then.  As soon as they are available, I'll amend the post and leave the links.  In the meantime, if you'd like a catalogue, please send me an email to taffycrafting@gmail.com

But here are the instructions:

Firstly, you'll need a piece of cardstock measuring 10" x 8.5".  I've used cardstock in the colour Craft but for this project Whisper White would be more suitable and this is available in 12" x 12".

On the long side score at 2" and 8" and on the short side score at 2", 4", 6" and 8"

Here's a photo showing you where you should remove cardstock


I've rounded the corners of two of the flaps just to make it look prettier when the box is constructed. 

Using the All My Love DSP (or a DSP of your choice) cut 4 pieces measuring 5.75" x 1.75" and 2 measuring 1.75" x 1.75" and adhere these onto the card as follows:


You will need to place adhesive on the front of your project where shown and the flaps with the rounded edges need to have adhesive on the inside of the project


Now form your box by sticking the short tab to the inside of the plain tab and then attaching the rounded tab to the outside of the plain tab.


The thin tab then slots inside the top of the box.

I cut out two circles in Lovely Lipstick and Balmy Blue using the 2" and 1 3/4" punches and stamped the smaller circle with the a sentiment from the Butterfly Gala stamp set.



Finally I added some ribbon and stuck the circles over the top of the ribbon to finish off the box.

I hope this gives you some inspiration to take on a 3D project.  You can also visit my YouTube channel by clicking here where you can find several 3D projects for you to take on.

Happy crafting 😊


Comments