Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Embossed Foil Thank You Card

Today I joined in a challenge set by my friend Karen at Craft Karen Designs (go and check out her blog).  So I had to choose three elements and I chose 'Thank You', 'Embossing' and 'Pearls/Gems' and this is what I came up with


This is how to make it.  Start with a black card base measuring 11¾" x 4⅛" and score down the long side at 5⅞".

Take a piece of foil (I've used Pretty Peacock) measuring 5¾" x 4" and run it through an die cutting machine with an embossing folder.  I've used the Curls & Swirls embossing folder.  This forms your first layer and glue this to the black card base.


Cut/punch or die cut two circles.  The bigger one in black and the smaller one in foil.  I've used the Stitch Shape Dies

Clean the foil circle with an embossing buddy and stamp in Versa Mark your sentiment.  I've used the 'Thanks' stamp from Good Morning Magnolia.  Cover where you've stamped with embossing power (I've used silver embossing powder) and heat this up with a heat tool.

Finally adhere to the front of your card in layers.

Embossed foil certainly has a wow factor and I upped this with some rhinestones to finish it off.

I hope you like it - try embossing some foil and see how you get on.  I've left links to all the products used at the bottom of this blog post.

I'll be back with another project soon - take care and stay safe.

Donna





Product List

Product List

Comments

Post a Comment