Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Scrapbusting Challenge for Share it on a Sunday

With Sunday coming around again, its time for another Share It On a Sunday challenge with myself, Karen from Crafty Karen Designs and Victoria from Vickie Lou Designs.  I've left links to Karen and Victoria's blogs below so please don't leave before checking out their projects.

This week, we have a scrapbusting challenge and we have to make a project using scraps. As crafters we tend to loathe throwing things away so instead of chucking out the off cuts, I've used them in this project



I started by choosing scraps of five of my favourite floral papers and I made sure that I picked paper with smaller prints.  I made strips of these papers ¾" wide


You'll need two pieces of white card.  One piece measures 10" x 7" and score on the long side at 5".  This is your card base.

Your other piece of white card measures 6" x 4".  Its this piece that you'll start to arrange your strips of floral paper.  Try out a design first before you glue anything down.  Once you have a layout that you're happy with, you can start gluing all the pieces down.


Turn this round so you can see the back of your work and trim the strips


Cut a piece of coloured cardstock measuring 6" x 4".  I've used Soft Sea Foam but you can use any colour that coordinates with your paper.

Use this to form a layer on your card base




Take two strips of coloured and white cardstock to form layers for a sentiment.  The coloured cardstock measures 3 ¾" x 1" and the white piece measures 3½" x ⅞".  I stamped the white piece with a sentiment.


Finally, I put my decorated piece of card on top of the coloured card layer, layered my sentiment pieces and added a bow as a finishing touch.



So why not dig out those scraps and see what you can come up with.

Here are the links to Karen and Victoria's projects

Crafty Karen Designs

Vickie Lou Designs

I'm leaving links below to some of the supplies I've used - these links go directly to my shop

See you all again soon

Donna



Product List

Comments

  1. Fabulous card, I love the layout and the choice of dsp scraps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, what a brill way to thin out those scraps. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria. I always end up with strips of DSP when I'm chopping it down for cardmaking x

      Delete

Post a Comment