Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

6" x 6" One Sheet Wonder in Classic Christmas for Share It On A Sunday

For Share It On A Sunday this week, Karen, Victoria and myself are doing a one sheet wonder and this one is a 6" x 6".  I've chosen the Classic Christmas DSP which has only just become available and it uses the colours Shaded Spruce, Sahara Sand and Cherry Cobbler which is the colour I'm using for my projects.  Just one sheet of 6" x 6" DSP was used to make these cards



I've made a YouTube tutorial showing you how I put all of these together - its in real time so you can follow along with me.


Each card base measures 8¼" x 5⅞" and is scored on the long side at 4⅛".  Each card base is then layered with a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock measuring 5⅝" x 3⅞"

My DSP is cut into quarters.

1st quarter - 6 strips at ½" each
2nd quarter - two slices from the middle of the DSP to each top corner (see video)
3rd quarter - 3 equal strips cut on the diagonal 
4th quarter - 3 strips: one measuring 1½" and the other two measuring ¾"

Two of my cards are finished off with the Merry Christmas sentiment from Curvy Christmas and stamped this in Cherry Cobbler on a 1½" circle in Whisper White.  The other two are finished off with the 'Thinking of You at Christmas' sentiment also from the Curvy Christmas stamp set in Cherry Cobbler but stamped on a piece of white cardstock measuring 3⅛" x ¾"

Here's my first card.  I've got six strips of whisper white cardstock measuring 3⅛" x ⅝" and I've layered these with the DSP.  


Here's my second card: the whisper white cardstock measures 3½" x 3½" and I've cut this in exactly the same way as the DSP.  I turned the design round one quarter turn and arranged them as per the photo/video.  Finished off with the circle sentiment.


Here is card three.  Didn't go as well as I would have liked. Maybe if I wasn't filming I would have been able to line the design up better.  This one needs some fine tuning but I'm sure with some 'jiggling' I can make this look better.  The white cardstock measures 3¼" x 3¼" and is cut in the same way as the DSP.  The card is finished off with a Christmas sentiment 


My final card: the white cardstock measures as follows:  2 pieces measuring 3⅛" x ⅞" and one piece measuring 3⅛" x 1⅝".  


Please pop along and see what Karen and Victoria have made by clicking on the links below

 Crafty Karen Designs

Vickie Lou Designs

If you love to craft and would like to join us in our sharing group, pop along to Craft & Banter. This is a great platform for grabbing inspiration and for you to inspire others.  We'd love to see you there.

I'm leaving links to all the products I've used but in the meantime, thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon

Donna





Product List

Comments

Post a Comment