Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Beautiful Moments for a 'Kids' Themed Card

For today's Share It On A Sunday the theme is 'Kids Card'.  I don't have any kids themed DSP or stamps so I had to get creative.  The Beautiful Moments stamp has an adorable image of two girls on a beach and it reminds me of my two girls when they were that age.  So for this week's theme, I've put kids on a card.


I started off with a piece of Basic White cardstock and stamped out the image in Smoky Slate ink.  I die cut this out using the Stitched Rectangle dies


I coloured in the image with Stampin' Blends and added a couple of gems


I created a frame using two stitched rectangle dies, and used washy tape to hold them down while I die cut them

Here's the frame it creates


My cardbase is 11½" x 4⅛" scored on the long side at 5¾" and I've added a piece of Sand & Sea DSP which measures 5⅝" x 4".


I've added my coloured image to the card 


I've stuck the frame to the card using strips from my Mini Stampin' Dimensionals border 


This wasn't as fiddly as I thought it would be


I stuck the frame at a slight angle


I finished the card off with a sentiment from the Beautiful Moments stamp set, die cut it with another stitched rectangle die and decorated it with a piece of ribbon.

I used mini stampin' dimensionals to stick this to the card


Pop over to Karen and Victoria's blog to see what they made for Share it On A Sunday.  Here are their links



I'm leaving links to all the products I've used below and these go directly to my shop.

Thank you for popping by - I look forward to seeing you soon

Donna


Product List

Comments

Post a Comment