Stamping with Washi Tape? You've got to be joking!

Masking Technique for Cardmaking with Forever Fern

Hello and thank you for stopping by.  The theme for this week's Share It On A Sunday is 'Masking' and I'm using a similar technique I've used before


 I started with a card base in Basic White (Thick) and this measures 11½" x 4⅛" scored on the long side at 5¾"

The next layer is in Cherry Cobbler and this measures 5⅝" x 4"

The next layer is in Basic White and measures 5⅜" x 3¾"

The first thing I did was take a piece of scrap paper and cut a 2" circle using a circle die.  I also used this die, and another slightly smaller die and die cut a copper ring using copper foil card.

Using the die cut paper as a mask, I stamped one of the leaves images from the Forever Fern stamp set all around the circle in Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive ink.  The stipple/splatter stamp was used to create a 'haze' around the wreath and this was also stamped in the same three colours.

I used the 'to a friend that makes me smile' sentiment and stamped this in the middle of the circle.  I then stuck the copper ring where I had masked the leaves.  

You can use any colours you like and every card you make will be unique.

I'll be leaving links to all the products I used below but in the meantime, please have a look at what Karen and Victoria have made with this same theme



Thanks again for dropping by and here are those all important links.

Donna


Product List

Comments

Post a Comment